Practical Nursing Program
In order to get admission in the PN program:
- Must be CNA certified (Certified Nursing Assistant)
- Must be high school graduate or have a GED
- Must pass HESI exam(Admission assessment exam) with a 78% or above.
- Completed Admission Application with $75.00 Application Fee (Non-Refundable)
- State/ Drivers License & Social Security Card
- Request Official High School or GED transcripts, College Transcripts.
- 2 Reference Letters (Personal & Professional)
- Submit 400 Word Essay on Nursing and Emerging Technology.
- State Criminal Background Check.
- CPR Certification.
- Physical Test & TB (skin) test (2 step)
Students attend classes year-round with convenient breaks provided throughout the year. Class sessions
are typically available in the day, evening and weekend , depending on student enrollment
- Morning (8.30AM-12.30PM)
- Evening (3.30PM-7.30PM)
- Weekend (Sat. 9AM-2PM)
|Critical Thinking class (if needed)||1 Day|
|Anatomy & Physiology||8 Weeks|
|Medical Terminology||8 Weeks|
|Mental Health||5 Weeks|
|Nursing Fundamental||10 Weeks|
|Medical Surgical I||10 Weeks|
|Obstetrics & GYN||5 Weeks|
|Medical Surgical II||10 Weeks|
Tuition and fees may vary depending on your transfer of credits and the results of proficiency exams.
Schedule appointment or attend open house for more details.
NOTE: $35/Clock hour
Application Fee- not Refundable $75.00
Pre-Entrance Exam (HESI) – Non Refundable (2 attempts) $150.00
Pre-Entrance Exam (HESI)
All applicants for pre-licensure program are required to complete the HESI Admission Assessment Exam
prior to admission. A HESI entrance exam requires 78% for admission. If a student scores less the 78%
this will not STOP them from enrolling into the program, but will have to attend REMEDIATION forum
before attending Nursing Foundation (Critical Thinking Class $150.00)
The HESI exam consist of English, Math, Biology, Anatomy, Physiology and Personality style. Chemistry will not be included in testing.
Do not bring any personal items to testing. Testing supplies will be issued.
A study booklet can be purchased at Adonis College of Nursing or Ordered.
Title: Admission Assessment Exam Review
Publisher: Elsevier Health Services Edition: 3