Do you want to pursue a career as a Practical Nurse? Learn the skills at Adonis College of Nursing!
Practical Nursing Program: Admission Requirements
In order to get admission in the PN program and start your healthcare career in Dolton, Illinois, you have to meet the following requirements:
- May be CNA certified (Certified Nursing Assistant)
- Must be high school graduate or have a GED
- Must pass HESI exam (Admission assessment exam) with a 78% or above
- Completed Admission Application with $75.00 Application Fee (Non-Refundable)
- State/Driver’s License & Social Security Card
- Request Official High School or GED transcripts, College Transcripts
- 2 Reference Letters (Personal & Professional)
- Submit 400 Word Essay on Nursing and Emerging Technology
- State Criminal Background Check
- CPR Certification
- Physical Test & TB (skin) test (2 step)
Class Schedules for Healthcare Training in Dolton, Illinois
Students attend classes year-round with convenient breaks provided throughout the year. ACON currently offers three class sessions (Day, Evening and Weekends). Click here for more detailed information
NOTE: This program in an ACCELERATED practical nursing program and requires full-time attention and dedication from the students for successful completion.
Tuition and fees may vary depending on your transfer of credits and the results of proficiency exams. Schedule an appointment or attend an open house for more details.
NOTE: $25/clock hour
- Application Fee – Non-Refundable $75.00
- Pre-Entrance Exam (HESI) – Non-Refundable (2 attempts) $150.00
Pre-Entrance Exam (HESI)
All applicants for the pre-licensure program are required to complete the HESI Admission Assessment Exam prior to admission. A HESI entrance exam requires 78% for admission. If a student scores less the 78% this will not STOP them from enrolling in the program but will have to attend REMEDIATION forum before attending Nursing Foundation (Critical Thinking Class $150.00).
The HESI exam consists of English, Math, Biology, Anatomy, Physiology, and Personality style. Chemistry will not be included in testing.
Do not bring any personal items to testing. Testing supplies will be issued.
A study booklet can be purchased at Adonis College of Nursing or ordered.
Title: Admission Assessment Exam Review 4th edition
Publisher: Elsevier Health Services Edition: 3
Want to know more? Request for more information here. You may also call us at +1-888-308-3892.