One of the most honorable professionals that anyone can undertake is the practice of nursing. This profession is utterly selfless and compassionate, with complete dedication to helping others continue living the lives they love. There are many different kinds of nurses that do many different kinds of jobs and if you are interested in becoming a nurse, we have the healthcare training in Dolton, Illinois that you need.
We can help get you started down the road towards providing exceptional health care to those in need. However, if you want to become a nurse it is important to consider the different specializations you can choose:
- Registered Nurse: The most common specialization is simply being a registered nurse. This nurse does not particularly have a specialization and is able to provide general care to patients. Before you are able to take up a specialization, you will need to first become a registered nurse.
- Licensed Practical Nurse: The second more common specialization of nursing is the licensed practical nurse or LPN. These nurses specialize in treating individuals who have disabilities or are injured, sick, or convalescent. We have an exceptional CNA / LPN program in Illinois if you are interested in going down this career path.
- Intensive Care Unit Nurse: Another kind of nurse is the ICU registered nurse. These nurses work in the intensive care unit providing life-saving treatment to patients.
- Operating Room Nurses: These nurses work alongside doctors in the operating room providing invaluable assistance that ensures the operation can go off without a hitch.
- Pain Management Nurses: These nurses focus on providing services that can help relieve pain. These nurses typically assist patients who have terminal, chronic, or injuries that are constantly causing pain on a daily basis.
Those are just a few of the many different nurse specializations that you can consider when you are going to a nursing school in Illinois such as Adonis College of Nursing. Through our exceptional services, education, and training programs, we can help prepare you with the knowledge, skills, and capabilities to not only become a nurse but to also save lives on a daily basis.